Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2010

This is a conversation I had with my mother earlier this evening.

ME: I had another person complain about their life to me today. Why does this keep happening to me?

MOM: It's because you look like a nice person.

ME: But I'm not.

MOM: Yes you are.

ME: No, I'm not. All I can think while they're talking is “When will you go away so I can concentrate on things I actually care about”?

MOM: And you want to be a psychologist?

ME: Well, if they're paying me then I care about them.

MOM: You have a true calling.

ME: Hey, if I'm busy and they come up to me complaining about their life I'm going to give them a solution.

MOM: Which is?

ME: Alcohol, drugs or suicide. They're all proven effective, pick one.

MOM: I'll help you find a good lawyer.

ME: I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment